Thursday, November 8, 2012

Under Surveillance ……………


Your heart should be holy and set apart for the Lord God.  Always be ready to tell everyone who asks you why you believe as you do.  Be gentle as you speak and show respect.”   I Peter 3:15 NLV

I must avoid at all costs the religion of surveillance!  God put this religion in proper focus when He said to Jeremiah, “Am I a God at hand…..and not a God afar off?” (Jer.23:23 KJV)

I should not have a schizophrenic faith in God.  I must not run to Him in trouble and then forget Him when all is well.

I find it easy to be a prospering Christian when I am under surveillance.   But do I still behave like a disciple when I am away from home, around people who don’t know me or when I am home alone?

How much of my Christianity is simply conformity under social or family pressure?

Am I simply a chameleon, taking on the color of my surroundings without the necessary change in inner impulse?

The religion of surveillance is doomed to defeat.   God asks, “Can a man hide himself in secret places and I shall not see him?” (Jer. 23:24)  I must not treat God as the Israelites did, seeking Him only in danger and totally ignoring His claim upon them.   I also will become idolatrous, in effect, by pretending God has no eyes to see or ears to hear.

My attitude must be that of the woman who was so desperate to get to Jesus that she “touched the fringe of His….garment.”  (Luke 8:43-48)  

The difference between her and the crowds jostling Jesus was that she touched in need and in faith.  The result------healing and newness! 

I must be characterized by a continual touching of Jesus by faith, and not by just a respectable acquaintance with Him.

Surveillance keeps Jesus at bay, but the touch of faith releases His almighty power for eternal results. 

Faith treats God as the ever present, every ready One, my anchor and hope for every situation!

Uphold me according to Your promise, that I may live; and let me not be put to shame in my hope!”  Psalm 119:116 AMP

No comments:

Post a Comment