Sunday, November 11, 2012

God hears you……………


So he shepherded them according to the integrity of his heart,
And guided them with his skillful hands.”   Psalm 78:72 NASB

There are times in my Christian walk when God will be silent, but He will never be inactive.  I must be careful to differentiate between the two.   The psalmist said, “God is…..a very present help in trouble.” (Ps. 46:1)

 That means regardless of whether God is saying anything to me at a given moment, He is certainly doing a lot.

Daniel helps me to see that truth.  He had prayed for his people’s return from captivity, but not a word came from God in reply to that prayer.   Finally, after twenty-one days of waiting, the answer came.

God had begun to answer Daniel’s prayer the moment he began to pray, but the reply was hindered by the “prince of the kingdom of Persia” and not until twenty-one days later were the hindrance removed and the answer delivered.  (Dan. 10:13)

The important thing is: God was working while Daniel was waiting.

Now I began to see what another prophet, Ezekiel, saw when God showed him the vision of wheels within wheels. (Ezek. 1)  The wheels of Israel had ground to a halt because of idolatry; but the wheels of God were working night and day for God’s people, the faithful remnant, who was interceding for their beloved land.

That speaks very forcibly to me!  I cannot look at the broken wheels of my life and say, “God has forgotten; God does not care!”  I can only look on the inside and see God busily at work on my behalf.

If only I can believe that now, in the midst of my doubt and confusion, God has already planned and is now executing my rescue then I can say, “He is my very present help in trouble.”   As with every deliverance it is never too late in the light of His eternal plan.

The permanence of God’s delivering ministry is assured by Paul: He “delivered us….[He] will deliver us……He will yet deliver us.”  II Cor. 1:10

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.
 Wait for the Lord;
Be strong and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the Lord.”  Psalm 27:13-14 NASB

 

No comments:

Post a Comment