Monday, November 12, 2012

His Salvation……


“Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.


 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.

 With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”  Psalm 91: 14-18 NKJV

I must be careful, Lord, not to simplify Your salvation.

Too often I have dismissed salvation as merely the forgiveness of my sins, whereas it is far more extensive than that.  “With long life will I satisfy him, and show him my salvation.” (Ps. 91:16)

Lord, my salvation is an intensely personal thing and Your purpose for me is to show me how Your salvation has worked in my life.

My life is not only afflicted with sin, but with sin’s results.  Those results have permeated every corner of my personality, infecting my feelings, attitudes and instincts.   To be forgiven the penalty of my sins is primary and basic, but to be delivered from all the damage sin has done is God’s purpose for me until He can bring me to the place where He can show me His salvation. 

The joy of God’s salvation is that He sent His Son not only to save sinners but to “save His people from their sins.”  (Matt. 1:21)

The biblical concept of salvation is basically deliverance.  The gospel that Jesus came to proclaim includes the “opening of the prison to those who are bound.”  (Isa. 61:1) 

He not only breaks the chains that bind me, but also leads me out of the prison into sunlight and liberty.   He delivers me from the twists and turns of my own deviousness, from surliness and selfishness, from prejudice and hate, from dismal doubt and unbelief, from oppression of Satan and my own ego, and from my inner lustings and cravings.

By the time God is finished with me at the end of my life, I will recognize that He has done an amazing work in me; I will “see” His salvation.  That in itself will cause me to praise His name everlastingly and give me the joy of His salvation. 

Lord, in that day, “my tongue shall declare Thy righteousness and Thy praise all day long.”  (Ps. 35:28)

Some of you were like that. But now your sins are washed away. You were set apart for God-like living to do His work. You were made right with God through our Lord Jesus Christ by the Spirit of our God.    I Cor. 6:11 NLV

 

No comments:

Post a Comment