Friday, November 16, 2012

Faith or Obedience?..............


Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important.  Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear.    For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.  Phil. 2:12-13 NLV

As a genuine disciple of Jesus we must use the building block of growth in their proper order. 

The first and most important, building block of all is obedience.

We must discard the notion that faith exist by itself.  “Faith, if it has no works, is dead.”  (James 2:17)  

Obedience is faith acting, the tangible evidence that genuine faith exists on the inside of me.  While it is difficult to say which comes first, faith or obedience, without obedience my faith will never grow.

Obedience is also essential to knowledge.  My cry for understanding and enlightenment will rise no higher than my head until I put into practice what God has already taught me.   It is in the usage of my supplies that God multiplies my supplies.

If I do not obey God in the basics, He will never lead me on.  God never intended for truth to be deposited in the storehouse of my mind, but to be utilized in my life as a power.

Obedience is the necessary stepping-stone to fruitfulness and power. 

We often complain about our lack of power and beg God to hear us and send a blessing.  He will send no blessing until we obey the commands He has already given us!

God’s abundant power immediately accompanies the one who obeys Him.  I must bring myself back to the basics of discipleship and see that the first building block is in place.

Once I begin to obey, God will begin to bless, and He will lead me on until His “grand design” is finished in me.

“Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.   Joshua 1:8 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment