Saturday, November 10, 2012

Jesus….interceding for us……….


But Christ has a more perfect work. He is the One Who goes between God and man in this new and better way. The New Way of Worship promises better things.”  Heb. 8:6 NLV

“Like priest, like people” is not only an aphorism, but a solid statement of biblical truth.  Aaron wore the names of the tribes of Israel on his shoulders and on his breast. (Ex. 28:9-30)

The symbolism is beautiful and meaningful.  Israel was effectively represented before God on the strength and love of the high priest.

Strength and love are the twin pillars of the present intercessory ministry of Jesus for me.   Just as Aaron stood for Israel in the presence of God, so Jesus stands for me.

All the blessings that God has poured, and is pouring, upon His Son are meant for me also.   He has “blessed [me] with every spiritual blessing,” not because I am I, but because I am in Christ and Christ is in me. (Eph. 1:3)

It is through Christ that I am entitled to receive from the Father all I need for a victorious journey.  In that sense He is my strength, my ticket to acceptance, my right to be favored by the Most High God.

Not only am I upheld by His strength, but also by His love.  

How long would I tolerate a resentful High Priest, doing His duty heartlessly and without compassion?

Aaron carried the names of the tribes on his breastplate as a sign that his intercession was never to be without feeling, or else it would be dead intercession.

Jesus intercedes for us because He loves us; and He intercedes successfully for us because He died for us.  Our welfare before God’s throne is pursued with the intensity of a mother for her child, of a king for his son.

When strength and love are coupled in the person of Jesus, I am perfectly represented and perfectly spoken for.  No one could plead my case any better than the One who died to give me birth.

Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand.   Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth.   For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God.   Col. 3:1-3 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment