Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Positive Living……


And He raised us up together with Him and made us sit down together [giving us joint seating with Him] in the heavenly sphere [by virtue of our being] in Christ Jesus (the Messiah, the Anointed One).

 He did this that He might clearly demonstrate through the ages to come the immeasurable (limitless, surpassing) riches of His free grace (His unmerited favor) in [His] kindness and goodness of heart toward us in Christ Jesus.”                      Eph. 2:6-7 AMP

I must avoid the popular and shallow form of Christianity that appears so prominently today. 

There is a kind of triumphant living trumpeted everywhere in which Jesus is simply the instigator or inciter of a flow of positive thoughts and ideas that bring me personal and material success.

That kind of Christianity says I am a bundle of both negative and positive attitudes. 

Simply encourage the positive and discourage the negative; many would proclaim this to be victorious living!   The problem is, however, that kind of victory is simply the victory of the natural man.   There is nothing redemptive, remedial, or sanctifying about it.  

Emotions rule us!  Negative or Positive!  They will control us until we learn to die to self. 

Before a Christian can talk about victory, he must talk about dying.  If I want Jesus at all, I have to find Him “outside the camp” and if I want to know His victory, I have to bear “His reproach.”  (Heb. 13:13)

Once I get to the cross and experience the crucifixion of the natural man’s selfish greed, desires and attitudes, then I am in a position to rise with Christ in “newest of life” and allow His new life to become the positive thing that my natural self could never be.  (Rom. 6:4)

That is more than positive thinking; it is positive living!

Jesus did not die on the cross to make me a confident super star, but a normal mass of clay reflecting His power, glory and personality.  That does not mean I lose my identity; instead it confirms my identity in Christ.

The life of Jesus flowing through my personality becomes a unique miracle in God’s Kingdom; I am authenticated by Christ!

Thus, Jesus is not only my Savior; He is the Establisher and Definer of my true self.  Then it becomes sublimely and personally true that “in him we live, and move, and have our being.”  Acts 17:28 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment