Thursday, June 23, 2011

Am I Discouraged?

“Give me strength, as you promised, and I shall live;
don't let me be disappointed in my hope!”    Psalms 119:116 GNT

Discouragement is a sin.

Discouragement says, “I refuse to accept God’s plan for my life.”    It always comes when our expectations are confused.

It is a tragedy that we accept Jesus as our “Lord” and then grow discouraged because He frustrates our expectations.

We must consider the causes of discouragement and see them in their proper perspective.

Am I criticized by others?     Let me REJOICE!

I realize that God uses iron to sharpen iron.

I also must remember that it was criticism and jealousy that started Joseph on his way to Pharaoh’s throne and God will allow criticism and jealousy to lead me to the correct path He has for me, IF I let Him.

Ask yourself: “Am I discouraged because the way is hard and painful?”

If yes, we must realize God is preparing plowed ground to yield fruit a hundredfold.  God will never give us more than what we can bear.

I will honor God by walking in faith and I will please Him by believing “all things (do) work together for good”.  (Romans 8:28)

I believe God “will go before (me) and will level the mountains…and ‘give (me) the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places.”   (Isa. 45:2-3 NIV)

“…. in my distress I cried out to the Lord;
yes, I prayed to my God for help.
He heard me from his sanctuary;
my cry to him reached his ears”.    Psalms 18:6  NLT


No comments:

Post a Comment