Saturday, March 17, 2012

Jesus is the Door………

“As a door swings back and forth on its hinges,
so the lazy person turns over in bed.”   Prov. 26:14  NLT

A few weeks ago I had the privilege of having a one on one fellowship with a young friend of mine.  He wanted to read Proverbs 26 for a quick study of the Word.  As he read this Proverb we would stop and discuss each verse and when we reached verse fourteen I receive a revelation on this Word and how it is interwoven with other passages written about the “door” and being “lazy”.  

I began to share this revelation with him and he just jumped right in with his own view and how he defined this verse.  It was an awesome time of fellowship!

I have since then prayed and mediated on this revelation and the scriptures that I received that interweave with it.   

So…………I hope to share this week what I learned about the door and how laziness can stop us from going through the door that has been set before us.

Thank you, “Little Man” for sharing your heart and encouraging me to run with what I saw and heard!  You are a special blessing in my life!

We know what the word “door” means, but let’s revisit the definition.  Webster defines a door as:” A passage into a room, a barrier usually turning on a hinge, movable, solid, a barrier for opening and closing an entranceway, or any means of access”

A door can also represent an opportunity i.e., the door to the future, or protection to keep out weather or danger and for privacy or solitude.

There are many types of doors: trap door, stage, swinging, blind, garage, French, sliding, louver, pet door, revolving, automatic, blast proof door and a cabinet door.

A door is one of the most important “pictures” of Christianity.  Jesus represents a door, the entryway into heaven, our passage to the throne of God. 

Jesus is the way into heaven.   He keeps out those who do not believe.  Jesus gives us an opportunity to serve Him.  “I am the door into the sheepfold” (John 10:1). Jesus keeps us from danger or harm.  “I kept silent and went not out of the door” (Job 31:34).


The “I Am” analogy suggests that the Lord is: The only God, so Jesus is the only door.  No one created the Lord, so no one can make another way to heaven.  No one was before the Lord, so there is not a previous way to heaven.   No one is equal to the Lord, so there is no other way to any other heaven.

“I am the Door. Anyone who goes in through Me will be saved from the punishment of sin. He will go in and out and find food.”  John 10:9 NLV


No comments:

Post a Comment