Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Consequences of Sin Part II

“For I have told you often before, and I say it again with tears in my eyes, that there are many whose conduct shows they are really enemies of the cross of Christ.  They are headed for destruction. Their god is their appetite, they brag about shameful things, and they think only about this life here on earth.”  Phil. 3:18-19  NLT

“… (they) care only for themselves and not for what matters to Jesus Christ.”   Phil. 2:21  NLT

The Word of God gives us insight, inspiration, and instructions on how to make the right choices for our life.

The book of Proverbs is a book of choices.  It reveals that we really only have two choices in life:

Jesus     or    Satan
Life        or    Death
Righteousness   or    Sin
Repent    or    Reject
Reward   or     Consequences

God gave us a free will to make the decisions we want…..the choice is ours.

Most of us are around people who choose to live according to their fleshly desires.   It is hard to reach people who don’t want to know the truth because they don’t want to change.

We have to ask the Holy Spirit how to deal with each situation and where we need to set boundaries and then LIVE by them.   NO Compromise!

So many choose to return to the pig pen and allow the dog to continue to vomit in their pen because they fear change, rejection, loneliness and have a lack of faith.

It is called compromise as we live in our pig pens while we continue to condone the sin of those around us and love them deeper into the fire of hell.

Look at the Prophet Jeremiah; he warned God’s people over and over that they were headed to captivity if they did not repent.   (Jer. 2)

They refused to believe and did exactly what he said…..seventy years of captivity.

Moses led the children of Israel out of captivity and he still had to deal with hard hearts along with idolatry.

When he went up on the mountain to be with God, his brother, their Priest formed a golden calf out of their own jewelry to worship.

Many are like the children of Israel; they come to the promise land, and turn back.   Just as the dog returns to his vomit and a pig to his pig pen.

Some people’s hearts are so hard they don’t want to change.  Their ears are deafened by their own lies.  They will continue to return to their vomit and live in the pig pen.  

We are powerless to change them and we cannot infringe upon their free will any more than God can.

We must chose to step out of the pig pen of deception, repent and pray for those who chose to continue to live in sin.

Sadly, the Church is not going to assist or encourage you to make that change nor will they teach you how to set boundaries.  They are not willing to pay the price to win souls to Christ.  The price is too costly because it requires commitment, sacrifice, selflessness, humility and honesty.

 We have to stay focused on God, His Word and prayer.  

 God is your anchor NOT the church.

God’s Word is your guideline not the church.

“I hate the two-faced,
      but I love your clear-cut revelation.
   You're my place of quiet retreat;
      I wait for your Word to renew me.
   Get out of my life, evildoers,
      so I can keep my God's commands.
   Take my side as you promised; I'll live then for sure.
      Don't disappoint all my grand hopes.
   Stick with me and I'll be all right;
      I'll give total allegiance to your definitions of life.
   Expose all who drift away from your sayings;
      their casual idolatry is lethal.
   You reject earth's wicked as so much rubbish;
      therefore I lovingly embrace everything you say.
   I shiver in awe before you;
      your decisions leave me speechless with reverence.”     Ps 119:116-120 
The Message Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment