Thursday, July 26, 2012

“Well done……faithful servant....?”


“For we must all appear and be revealed as we are before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive [his pay] according to what he has done in the body, whether good or evil [considering what his purpose and motive have been, and what he has achieved, been busy with, and given himself and his attention to accomplishing].”   II Cor. 5:10 AMP

I must realize that the only record of my life that exists is the one I write, myself.

Once I realized that, I see what the judgment seat of Christ Jesus is-----it is only a playback.  It is there I receive “the things done in this body”……my earthly life, not simply the reward of those things.

I will meet actions again, like a re-run movie.   But this time I will see them from God’s standpoint, how they were recorded in His eyes and ears…….He will reveal all my hidden motives behind some things I have said and done.

There will be no addition to or subtraction from what I ‘was’ and ‘did’.

The books of God (Mal. 3:16) are nothing more than His retrieval system.  God sees, hears and remembers everything.  That is why repentance is important and should be done immediately instead of trying to justify my selfishly actions or words. 

Judgment Day will be my “rereading” day and God will show me the daily pages written with my own life.  This brings into reality a sense of heaven and hell, my choice depending upon my decisions, actions, motives and desires.  Good or bad…they will be recorded and played back for my viewing.  I will answer for all I have done upon this earth.   Every careless word, jealous action and choices that were selfish and self-centered, as well as all the good I have done and sacrifices I have made for God’s Kingdom.

My destiny is not decided later, in eternity, but now while I live on this earth.   My destiny is only the echo of my present decision.

Not only, the destiny itself, but the quality of that destiny is decided here, whether stubble or precious stones (I Cor. 3:12).

Wow…..what a responsibility!  Only one walk through life and yet an eternity depending upon it.

How grateful I am for my precious friend, Jesus, who first removed my sins by His sacrifice at Calvary and Who sent me a Helper, Holy Spirit.  He walks with me and guides me and wants to help me write the story of my life, which one day I hope will cause Jesus to smile.  He longs to be able to say to me and you, “Well done….faithful servant; enter……..the joy of thy lord.”  Matt. 25:21 KJV



 “You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked…”           II Peter 3:17 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment