Friday, July 13, 2012

Dust can have a destiny……


“[The Lord] raises the poor out of the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap and the dung hill,

That He may seat them with princes, even with the princes of His people.

 He makes the barren woman to be a homemaker and a joyful mother of [spiritual] children. Praise the Lord! (Hallelujah!).”   Psalm 113:7-9  AMP

There will come a time in my life where I will have to accept the fact that a life with Jesus is a series of “hurtings”. 

Animals suffer pain, but only human beings can become morally and spiritually better because of their pain.  Unless I suffer grief, I am not likely to grow into a mature disciple of Jesus Christ.

One of the greatest disappointments the Lord can suffer is to see me battle my grief and yet not become better.  

God said, “I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal.”  (Deut. 32:39 KJV)

It is to my sorrow that I do not become healed or come alive when God allows me to feel pain.

Jesus wounded Simon Peter with a look that drove him to tears, he wept “bitterly”. (Luke 22:62 KJV)

The hurts of Jesus, if I accept them properly, are the healings of tomorrow.  I need His hurting to cauterize the shallow and superficial in my life.

 If I walk very long with Him, life will be a series of cuttings, woundings, and grievings.   Two personalities cannot walk together without wounding and healings.

Say what I will, but life will deal me hurts one way or another.  But I can choose.  I can say to the world, “Hurt me” and it will.   But the hurt of the world is a “survival of the fittest” hurt in which there is no mercy and no redemption. The world does not care if I die; it only cares that I get out of the way if I cannot compete.

But Jesus deals with losers, outcasts and beggars.   He has a place for them in His eternal plan.  He hurts them in order to polish and shape them, to sting them into an awakened condition, to remind them that dust can have a destiny and that human frailty can be covered with eternal glory.

Thank You, Lord, for making paupers into princes and raising the need to sit upon thrones. 

 “Be merciful and gracious to me, O God, be merciful and gracious to me, for my soul takes refuge and finds shelter and confidence in You; yes, in the shadow of Your wings will I take refuge and be confident until calamities and destructive storms are passed.”  Psalm 57:1 AMP


No comments:

Post a Comment