Friday, February 24, 2012

My yoke is easy…………

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.   For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."   Matt 11:28-30 NKJV

“My yoke is easy”, literally means, “it is a good fit.” Jesus said, “Take my yoke, it will fit you perfectly, it will lighten your load.”  Yoke yourself with Jesus; there will be no disagreement and He will carry your load.  He will take the load of loneliness, depression, brokenness, pain, disappointment and addictions.  He will carry the burden you drag around everyday just release it to Him.

We have seen the separated life is to not be yoked with unbelievers, and if we already are, make sure we are the influencing factor in the relationship.  Also, the separated life is to be separated from the activities of the world.

Paul tells us “Do not be yoked together with the world and to be separated from the world.

"Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you……" 2 Cor. 6:17-18 NKJV

The example of separation from Jesus is quite different than the religious leaders they were legalistic and they practiced segregation where Jesus practiced separation.

Separation from sin verses separation from the world.  So when we follow Jesus we do not practice segregation but separation.

Separation is contact without contamination.  Jesus was holy, harmless, undefiled and separate from the world “yet a friend of sinners.”

“I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people- not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters.  In that case you would have to leave this world. But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who CALLS himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.”  1 Cor. 5:9-11

Interesting it is just the opposite of what segregationists say. They said do not touch anyone who is not outwardly religious. The Bible says stay away from those who CLAIM to be religious outwardly and yet inside they are hypocrites.

Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.” 1 John 2:15 NKJV

Being separate from the world is not to segregate yourself from those who do not know Jesus, but it is to separate yourself from activities that are contrary to faith in God.   Love God and follow Him so that you will be the light of God to others.

Separation is to be separated from sin, separated from ungodly behaviors, and separated from of the world.

I dare to be different for Jesus!  






No comments:

Post a Comment