Monday, February 20, 2012

Full Circle……

“This is what the LORD says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: “I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.”   Isa. 48:17 NIV

We have all said once or twice,” I have come full circle” in a situation.  We have at least once commented that it seems we are ‘going around the same mountain again” or “it feels like I am just going in circles”.

We should confess that we will not balk any longer when God takes us in “circles”.  He is trying to teach us something, reveal a hidden treasure or break something off of us that has us stuck, going around the same mountain with the same problem because we refuse to let go or change.

In our Western way of thinking we have assumed that God moves in a straight line.  But as I continue to study His Word and His ways I am learning that He always moves in a circle.  That is why God is often mysterious, perplexing and sometimes hidden to me.  Once I learn the secret of His circles, all becomes clear.

Look at Joseph; God promised him power and authority in his dream.  Yet, instead of directly fulfilling the promises, God led him to slavery and to prison, the very opposite of his dream. 

Why?  Because God’s dealings with us are like the lines of space He created in the universe; they are circular.

Even Jesus was treated in this circular way.  He left His Father’s home to go out to mankind, down through the way of the cross to the tomb and then back home again.   This history is very clear to everyone.   What is not clear is that God uses the same route for all of us.

Why does God lead us in circles?   Why does He promise us things, and then deny them?   Why does He cause us to hope, and then give us disappointment?

Because God desires to make saints, not programs.  To develop spiritually involves outgrowing things that are no good for us and implanting things that are necessary.   That takes time!

We are all on a circle, at one point or another.   The apogee is the most distressful time because there everything seems to have gone wrong!   But that point, also, is the greatest time to trust because it starts the turn back.

“Lord, let me NEVER give up too soon!”

What encourages me immensely is that God constantly supervises my journey on the circle.  At whatever point I may be, He knows!   His determination is to bring me “home”.  And that will be my greatest exulting!!!!!  Praise God!

“LORD, I know that people’s lives are not their own; it is not for them to direct their steps.”   Jer. 10:23 NLV

“We know that God works all things together for good for the ones who love God, for those who are called according to his purpose.”  Romans 8:28  CEB


No comments:

Post a Comment